Wireless network - WIFI at VSB-TUO
Vysoká škola báňská - Technická univerzita Ostrava provides on-campus wireless connectivity for its employees and students. Users can access following networks (SSID):
EDUROAM - preferred connection
If you travel often among universities, it may be useful to setup. This network also allows visitors from other academic institutions to connect to the Internet.
Enter the username syntax email@example.com, eg. firstname.lastname@example.org, as is indicated in the instructions. This username syntax is strictly required.
Eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool (trial run):
- delete the previous profile eduroam network from your system if you have any,
- you can use
for download assistant tool or
- on the page choose "download your eduroam installer",
- choose organization VŠB-Technical University of Ostrava,
- choose installator for required operating system,
- after running installator enter your VŠB login, syntax email@example.com
- and enter your
Eduroam CAT system is designed as a platform for the cooperation of entities involved in the project eduroam and is not developed or managed by the Technical University of Ostrava. Eduroam CAT installer changes the security settings on your device, you should always make sure that it comes from a trusted source. Therefore, the eduroam CAT installer is undersigned by organization TERENA. Pay attention to the system messages that confirm this fact.
The network designed for terminal equipment, which do not support any authentication and encryption mechanisms, or. are technical problems with them.
Why is not safe to use a network tuonet-simple can be found .
- With any troubles, contact your faculty administrators please: .
- It is possible to contact CIT HelpDesk through or on the phone 5666.